Hear from our GOH, Minister for National Development of Singapore Mr. Desmond Lee, as he shares about the exciting new developments for the built environment and touches on the transformation of the industry to become more sustainable, resilient and robust as we re-imagine the future together.
7 SEP 2021 (TUE)
IBEW 2021 OPENING CEREMONY
GUEST OF HONOUR:
- MR. DESMOND LEE, Minister for National Development & Minister-in-charge of Social Services Integration
- MS. JESSICA CHEAM, Founder and Managing Director, Eco-Business
OPENING PLENARY: GROWTH POTENTIAL IN A NET ZERO WORLD
The commitment to achieve carbon neutrality is gaining momentum among investors like never before. Businesses are taking this net zero path, as stakes are high without. This plenary sheds light on the long term growth potential in a net-zero world, and discusses how organisations must plan to achieve net zero success.
- MR. JASON F. MCLENNAN, Chief Executive Officer, McLennan Design
- MR. FREDERICK TEO, Managing Director, Sustainable Solutions, Temasek
- MR. VINOD KESAVA, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Climate Resources Exchange
- AR. LISA MICHELLE BATE, Global Sustainability Lead / Senior Principal, B + H Architects
- ER. YVONNE SOH, Executive Director, Singapore Green Building Council
B.E. CONNECT: TAKING UP THE CHALLENGE – SUPER LOW ENERGY BUILDINGS
Discover the next lap of Singapore’s green building development and find out how two exemplary Super Low Energy Building project teams are pushing the envelope of environmental sustainability to achieve their business case and address climate change.
- AR. SIAH PUAY LIN, Director, SJ Architecture, Surbana Jurong
- MR. JACOB WONG SAN TA, Executive Director, Kwan Yong Construction Pte Ltd
- AR. IVY KOH, Director, SJ Architecture, Surbana Jurong
- MR. THOMAS CHU, Managing Director, Boustead Projects Limited
- MR. PRAVEEN HASSAN CHANDRASHEKAR, Head, Sustainability & Resilience Office, Surbana Jurong
- MS. FARIZAN D’AVEZAC DE MORAN, Senior Partner, GreenA Consultants Pte Ltd
SPOTLIGHT PLENARY: TOWARDS ZERO CARBON – FROM BUILDINGS TO CITIES
Even as sustainability initiatives spring up across the world, what else can cities do to achieve net zero? This plenary explores the opportunities and challenges that come with this vision, offering insights into the practices that will help the world achieve this ambitious goal.
- MS. VICTORIA KATE BURROWS, Director of Advancing Net Zero, World Green Building Council
- MS. ESTHER AN, Chief Sustainability Officer, City Developments Limited
- AR. TANG KOK THYE, President of Singapore Green Building Council and Associate Partner, ADDP Architects LLP
- MR. ANG KIAN SENG, Group Director for Environmental Sustainability Group, Building and Construction Authority
- MS. JOELLE CHEN, Sustainability Director, Singapore, Lendlease
8 SEP 2021 (WED)
LEADERSHIP PLENARY: BUILDING A RESILIENT AND AGILE ECOSYSTEM
COVID-19 has highlighted the urgency for the built environment ecosystem to build resilience and agility and find growth opportunities to meet changing needs. Join renowned built environment leaders as they offer insights into the building of a robust industry value chain and share on how to create and preserve business value in the face of adversity.
- MR. NEO CHOON KEONG, Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Industry Development, Building and Construction Authority
- MR. DAVID HUTTON, Group Head of Development, Lendlease Asia Holdings Pte Ltd
- MR. FRANCK LOMBARD, Managing Director, Dragages Singapore
- AR. ONG TZE BOON, Group Executive Chairman, Ong & Ong
- PROF. ANNIE KOH, Professor Emeritus of Finance, Singapore Management University
B.E. CONNECT: SMART FACILITY MANAGEMENT (FM) – THE WAY FORWARD
With buildings and infrastructure increasingly being powered by a multitude of smart technologies, it is important to leverage an integrated platform to optimise resources and streamline processes for a smoother delivery of services across multiple facilities and locations. Join us as we hear success stories of building owners and their solution providers crossing boundaries with the implementation of smart FM systems.
- MR. FUJI FOO, Chief Digital Officer, Certis
- MR. ALVIN KEK, Senior Vice President, Rail Operations, SMRT Trains Ltd
- MR. JAMES NG, Deputy Director for Business Development, SMM Pte Ltd
- MR. GARY PNG, Director, Estates & Facilities Management, Temasek Polytechnic
- ER. JAMES CHAN, Managing Director, SMM Pte Ltd
- MR. TONY KHOO, President, Singapore International Facility Management Association
BE IN AWE: DRIVING GROWTH THROUGH INNOVATION
Innovation is a challenging yet necessary component in the transformation of the built environment sector. Hear from industry experts as they share how leading firms are leveraging innovation to transform their businesses and explore how an ecosystem can be set up to successfully drive technology advancement in the built environment sector.
- PROF. QUEK TONG BOON, Chief Scientific Advisor of Ministry of Trade and Industry and Chief Executive of National Robotics Programme
- MR. ALLAN TAN, Managing Director, United Tec Construction
- MR. ALLAN CHALMERS, Senior Industrialized Construction Specialist, Autodesk
- MR. GAURAV KIKANI, Vice President of Strategy, Operations & Finance, Built Robotics Inc.
- MR. CHENG TAI FATT, Managing Director for Built Environment Research & Innovation Institute (BERII), Building and Construction Authority
KEYNOTE PLENARY: SMART BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Technology is an integral part of our cities and our built environment. Hear from our eminent panel of technologists and innovators as they deliberate on the latest trends and share how firms can leverage innovative technologies to transform their businesses and accelerate growth in the built environment sector.
- MR. CHIN CHI LEONG, Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Building Control, Building and Construction Authority
- DR. WILL CAVENDISH, Digital Services Leader and Lead, Advanced Digital, Arup
- MR. MARK ENZER, Chief Technical Officer for Mott MacDonald, Director of the Centre for Digital Built Britain
- MR. NG THENG HAW ALVIN, Vice President, Digital Solutions APAC, Johnson Controls (S) Pte Ltd
- MR. NG KOK WAN, Managing Director for Built Environment Technology Alliance (BETA), Building and Construction Authority
9 SEP 2021 (THU)
CEOS IN CONVERSATION: RE-IMAGINING THE FUTURE OF SINGAPORE’S BUILT ENVIRONMENT
The climate emergency faced by our generation, technological disruption, manpower shortage and COVID-19 have pressed home the urgent need for quicker transformation of the built environment sector in Singapore. Join the discourse as industry thought leaders weigh in on the future of Singapore’s built environment sector and how it can align itself with the Singapore Green Plan 2030, a whole-of-nation movement to help advance Singapore’s national agenda on sustainable development.
GUEST OF HONOUR:
- MR. TAN KIAT HOW, Minister of State, Ministry of Communications and Information & Ministry of National Development
- MR. KELVIN WONG, Chief Executive Officer, Building and Construction Authority
- MR. LUKE GOH, Chief Executive Officer, National Environment Agency
- MR. LIAM WEE SIN, Group Chief Executive, UOL Group Ltd
- MR. YONG HSIN YI NEIL, Executive Director, Woh Hup (Private) Limited
- AR. SEAH CHEE HUANG, Chief Executive Officer, DP Architects
- MR. MICHAEL KOH, Executive Fellow, Centre for Liveable Cities
B.E. INSPIRE: BLUE SKY ITM
While Singapore’s built environment is shaped by the ITM goals and objectives of productivity, sustainability and digitalisation, are we on the right track in meeting the needs of future generations? Come and be inspired by the discussion amongst industry thought leaders on their vision and exceptionally forward-looking urban approach to Singapore 2100.
- MR. WONG MUN SUMM, Founding Director, WOHA Architects Pte. Ltd.
- MR. YONG HSIN YI NEIL, Executive Director, Woh Hup (Private) Limited
- DR. SHAWN LUM, Senior Lecturer of Asian School of the Environment, Nanyang Technological University
- DR. NIRMAL KISHNANI, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore
- MR. SHONN MILLS, Global Director – High Rise, Ramboll Singapore Pte Ltd
- AR. LEONG-KOK SU MING, Managing Director for BCA Academy (BCAA), Building and Construction Authority
B.E. INSPIRE: THE FUTURE OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT PROFESSION FOR OUR NEXT GENERATION
It’s a battle of the sexes – and a battle of words – as the energetic Gavin Chan (proposition) and effervescent Ivie Sim (opposition) debate on whether there is a future in BE for our next generation (or not)! Moderated by the pro-resiliency Ar. Tan Szue Hann, this session explores Industry Transformation possibilities, challenges and opportunities as we navigate a dynamic built environment industry. Join our BE Young Leader Advocate awardees for what promises to be an engaging session!
- AR. TAN SZUE HANN, Chairman of Sustainability, Singapore Institute of Architects
- MS. IVIE SIM, Assistant Development Manager, Lendlease
- MR. GAVIN CHAN, Principal Engineer, CPG Consultants Pte Ltd
BE IN AWE: SMART CITIES OF THE FUTURE
Future cities should be smart, sustainable and resilient. But how do we get it right? Join leading professionals from multiple disciplines as they share their vision and knowledge of building and operating future smart cities.
- PROF. CHEONG KOON HEAN, Chairman of Centre for Liveable Cities (MND) & Chairman of Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (SUTD)
- MR. YNSE DE BOER, Vice President, Smart Cities and Decarbonization, Envision Digital
- MR. BRANDON WU, Chief Technology Officer for Asia Pacific Region, Huawei Enterprise Business Group, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- MR. RODNEY VAUGHAN FEHRING, Executive Chairman, Frasers Property (Australia, Industrial and United Kingdom)
- PROF. ERWIN VIRAY, Professor and SUTD Sustainability Initiatives Lead, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
REGIONAL REAL ESTATE DEVELOPERS’ ASSOCIATIONS PLENARY: REGIONAL REAL ESTATE INSIGHTS – EMERGING TRENDS, BUSINESS AND COLLABORATION OPPORTUNITIES
* Simultaneous English-Chinese interpretation available
Despite the challenges brought about by COVID-19, new opportunities continue to present themselves in Asia, with many multinational corporations still looking to relocate and position their production, R&D and headquarters in this region. This plenary brings together regional real estate leaders to share the latest business trends and collaboration opportunities.
- MR. CHIA NGIANG HONG, President of Real Estate Developers’ Association of Singapore (REDAS) & Group General Manager of City Developments Limited (CDL)
- ER. CHEN YIMING, Vice President & Secretary General, China Real Estate Association
- MR. DOAN VAN BINH, Vice Chairman, Vietnam National Real Estate Association
- DATUK. NK TONG, Deputy President, Real Estate & Housing Developer’s Association (REHDA) Malaysia
- MR. PAULUS TOTOK LUSIDA, Chairman, Real Estate Indonesia
- MR. DEXTER TEO, Group Director for Strategic Engagement, Building and Construction Authority
10 SEP 2021 (FRI)
BE DEMO DAY
BE Demo Day is the pinnacle event for the built environment (BE) innovation ecosystem, where investors, demand drivers and innovators converge to check out new technologies, seek networking opportunities and form synergistic collaborations. A curated list of promising innovators have been lined up this year. Hear what they have to offer as they pitch their innovative solutions and show how their technologies and business capabilities can address key challenges and help build a more sustainable and resilient BE sector.
- DR. LIM JUI, Chief Executive Officer, SGInnovate
- MR. CLARENCE TAN, Founder, Origgin Ventures
- MS. CHEAH SUI LING, Operating Partner, Wavemaker
VRcollab boosts BIM’s viability by making it more collaborative, usable and scalable for all stakeholders — allowing cross-border, cross-discipline collaboration, while helping users become more confident and take full advantage of digital tools regardless of their role, capacity or skill. VRcollab is also committed to spurring innovation and advancement among industry stakeholders by leading deeper conversations and considerations.
Doxa is a local fintech start-up helping to connect buyers, suppliers, and financiers seamlessly through our best-in-class global enterprise collaborative trade platform, Doxa Connex. Incorporated in Jan 2019, it has grown almost 10 times in size and serves customers across various industries.
Novade is the leading construction management software for the building and construction industry in APAC. Site processes including quality, safety, progress monitoring, workforce management, and maintenance are digitalised and automated using mobile devices. The data captured provides insights into the streamlining of operations and drive results. Founded in 2014, Novade is headquartered in Singapore and operates globally.
Operva AI is a Singapore-based technology company that helps asset construction & maintenance professionals build and maintain smarter, 4x faster and 100% safer. Using cutting edge AI and robotics technology, we build a suite of AI digital solutions ranging from smart drone inspections and construction process management. With a humble beginning at a venture builder, Operva AI was born out of genuine passion and capabilities amongst the founders, to make the built environment a safer and smarter space. They have been awarded for two projects under BEAMP Cycle 3, and have worked with renowned developers, construction, and hotel organisations, such as GuocoLand Group, Penta Ocean Construction, and China Construction.
Oceania Robotics is one of South East Asia’s leading provider of ruggedised industrial maintenance robots for ship maintenance, pest control industries and vertical landscaping. We deliver a comprehensive suite of professional robotics services to niche customers across Asia.
Argyle is a Singapore company that was formed by two co-founders from the local construction industry, James Hadden & Jessy Foo. The company started providing 3D digital construction services in 2016 and has successfully scanned and 3D modelled over 1 million m2 of building and infrastructure assets in Singapore, Malaysia & the Philippines. The Argyle team has used autonomous and remotely controlled robotics, the latest 3D scanning equipment and software to provide affordable and fast 3D site verification, construction animations as well as provide accurate digital models of property assets under management.
The company’s services include 3D construction verification for modular and traditional construction, 3D scans of the built environment for property maintenance and future design options for additions & alterations projects, 5D animations providing powerful visualisations and presentations for bid proposals & technical tender submissions, 3D as-builts, low-cost digital twin strategies and custom-built construction AI and robotics.
Widuz is developing a new class of renewable and sustainable material called BVL™ (Bamboo Veneer Lumber), which is a high-performance patented structural lumber synthesized from bamboo fibres. BVL is up to three times stronger than timber while it is not susceptible to any decay or degradation, and is much more dimensionally stable. BVL is suitable for construction of modular prefab buildings in place of other non-renewable construction materials such as concrete and steel.
BtrLyf (pronounced ‘better life’), is an AI-enabled green ‘assessment-as-a-service’ platform that makes performance assessment of buildings easy and automated through digitalization. Developed through years of research, the approach combines building physics, machine-learning and collaborative technologies to enable co-creation of sustainable buildings by involving the building owners, consultants, solution providers and financiers at every stage of green project development. Offered as a SaaS tool, BtrLyf enhances access to relevant data, improves productivity, and reduces costs and risks, in order to accelerate sustainable development of the built environment ecosystem.
Digital Blue Foam is a team of architects, urban planners, software engineers, data scientists and sustainability enthusiasts who have come together with the mission of making technology accessible for everyone to build more sustainable, equitable, liveable and intelligent cities.
At Digital Blue Foam, we empower the building industry professionals to: design, mine, generate and execute better building projects, faster – real time in the browser, saving 75% time, while achieving superior results.